Benefits of a Balanced Body
A balanced body not only helps to strengthen your body, but it also helps to strengthen your mind and your spirit. At Sheppard Method Pilates, we understand that the mind affects your body and your body affects the mind. Below we will explore the many benefits that a balanced body provides for your body and mind.
The thoughts and feelings that you experience every day can affect the health of your body. If your thoughts and feelings are negative, it can weaken your immune system or even cause more serious health conditions. In fact, according to the American Heart Association, experiencing stress can release hormones that increase blood pressure, creating a higher risk factor for having a heart attack.
The balanced body helps to increase the health of your mind, reducing stress and other negative thoughts and feelings such as anxiety. It can help you to understand how the mind and body are connected, boosting mood and empowering you to live a healthier life.
The Balanced Body Difference
The balanced body can positively affect your mind and your body in several different ways. Some ways that the balanced body impacts you include:
- Increased Flexibility: It focuses on movement and breathing, which includes practicing flexibility.
- Increased Confidence and Self-Esteem: Regular exercises will make you feel better about yourself physically and mentally, increasing confidence and self-esteem.
- Overcome Challenges: This type of exercise can be challenging. It teaches you to overcome obstacles and challenges through pilates exercises.
- Stronger, More Stable Body: It works to increase muscle strength, stabilizing your core and strengthening your abdominals and back.
- Increase Concentration: Obtaining the balanced body through pilates helps you concentrate through focusing on your breath and your core.
- Increased Energy: There will be little to no stress on your body during these exercises. This leaves your body stress-free, rejuvenated, and energetic.
Balanced Body and Pilates
Pilates combines the body with the mind to increase overall health, strength, and movement. At Sheppard Method Pilates, we focus on classical pilates and modify each pilates routine to best fit your individual needs. No matter if you exercise daily or have a physical condition that limits your movement, our pilates instructors can create the ideal workout for you.
Contact Sheppard Method Pilates Today to Get Started
If you are interested in obtaining a healthy, balanced body, contact Sheppard Method Pilates today. We have several different classes and sessions to choose from and we will work with you to discover a pilates routine that works best for your needs.